Nourishing Healthy Bodies and Minds: June 18 – August 16
Alameda County Library is excited to offer free healthy lunches for kids and teens this summer in partnership with the Hayward Unified School District, New Haven Unified School District, and the Newark Unified School District. The Newark, San Lorenzo, and Union City Libraries will host the Summer Food Service Program from June 18 – August 16, 2018 (see exact dates and times below).
Who Can Participate?
- Anyone 18 years and under can receive a nutritious meal during the summer at any of our participating locations: Newark, San Lorenzo, and Union City Libraries.
- Meals are provided on a first come, first served basis.
- No sign ups, application, income verification, or identification are needed.
While stopping by for lunch, participants can also join us for our annual Summer Reading Game and all the fun activities we have planned this summer.
Locations and Schedules
- Beginning Monday, June 18 – August 16, 2018. Every Monday – Thursday from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
San Lorenzo Library
- Beginning Monday, June 18 – July 19, 2018 (Depending on need, the program may be extended to August 9). Every Monday – Thursday from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Union City Library
- Beginning Monday, June 25 – August 2, 2018 (No meals will be served during the week of July 2 - 6). Every Monday – Thursday from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Learn more about summer meals.
The Summer Food Service Program is a program of the United States Department of Agriculture, administered in California by the California Department of Education. Lunch at the Library is a project of the California Library Association and California Summer Meal Coalition and is supported in whole or in part by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian. Lunch is for children and teens only and must be eaten on-site.